Friday, March 13, 2015

Finally, after making it through show week for Eastern's production of Mousetrap where I was costuming crew head and the next week of midterms, I have officially hit spring break and have had a little bit of time to scrapbook.

To start off this glorious time, I chose to do a Challenge YOUrself challenge.  The current theme was your own personal bucket list.  One of the top items on my bucket list is to become a published writer.  Lately I've been writing columns and drawing cartoons for the Daily Eastern News, the campus newspaper here at Eastern Illinois University.  I cut out the first article that they included my photo with, as well as my cartoon which was featured on the same day and scrapbooked the two!


The school's colors are royal blue and white so I chose to stick with those colors to make my articles pop.

6 comments:

  1. I love your layout, Kaycie! And I really love your bucket list goals - I wish you all of the best in accomplishing them! This layout is amazing and really shows your many talents! Thank you so much for joining in on the fun this month at Challenge YOUrself! And enjoy the rest of your spring break, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Kaycie! Great layout! So glad you joine us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blue and white theme and the doilies are perfect! Good luck to you and I hope you achieve every goal you reach for! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, to see yourself published in the newspaper. Best of luck to you with your writing. Great take on the challenge. Nice touch with the stitching. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats and great job! Great positive title and beautiful pic...Love all the doilies and use of school colors! Hope you had some R & R during spring break! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete