Saturday, June 20, 2015

I had fun doing this page today because I was able to use a lot of different textures.  I made this page for a Pixels and Paper challenge.  The challenge was to use the following image as inspiration for your page.  I was mostly inspired by the way that the balloon in the photo really stood out and popped with fun colors against a much more neutral background.  I took that concept and started playing around with different papers and such that I had and created my page which features pictures of a girls night from a year or so ago when we went bowling.  Of course, being the nerdy English major I am, I couldn't resist making a pun for the title.  The page isn't very fancy embellishment wise or anything but I did like playing with the layout a lot.  I am pleased overall.






6 comments:

  1. cute page. thanks for joining us this month at Pixels and Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your colourfful strips certainly do pop from the page - mission accomplished !! Many thanks for sharing with us on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you interpretted the challenge - a fun layout with a very punny title :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a colourful page. Your strips and squares of colour pop the page so well. Thank you for sharing your art at Pixels and Paper. Cheers. Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous and fun page. Thank you for playing with our challenge at Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete