Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Today I decided to stay on my challenge roll with scrapbooking and have opted to attempt the current Pixels and Paper challenge.  This month's inspiration photo was the following image:


For some reason, when I looked at this, it reminded me of Girl Scouts.  I wasn't ever that great of one but the women and the craftiness of the image reminded me of one of the few memories I have of being a Girl Scout where we had to make secret Santa gifts by hand. I remember making a clay flower pot picture frame with flowers and birds not unlike the ones in the inspiration photo.  I dug up some pictures that were taken when I became a Girl Scout instead of a Brownie although I'm not entirely positive that is what is actually happening in the photos.  Either way I enjoyed making the page and using the way the different blues and greens made the reds pop out like in the photo.







9 comments:

  1. Glad that our inspiration photo brought back your memories of your time with girl scouts. Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy memories always make for a happy layout and I really like this bright page. Thank you for sharing with us and joining in on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been a big step up from Brownies to Girlscouts and this is a fantastic way to treasure those memories, a relly fab page. Thank you for playing with our challenge at Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we could inspire you to recall some happy memories and create such a wonderful page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bright page thanks for joining us at P&P this month

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad we inspired you and that you enjoyed scrapping your childhood photos. Thanks for entering this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great memory page. I'm glad that we were able to inspire you. A bright happy page for happy memories! Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. Cheers, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the way our photo inspired you and brought up some great memories-thanks for joining us at Pixels and Paper!

    ReplyDelete