Saturday, May 21, 2016

Girl's Not Grey

It's been quite some time since I've tried a stamping or scrapbooking challenge so I took a swing at this month's 123 Challenge.  The challenge was to use the color grey, the word great, and the grunge style.  Once again, taking the picture of the page was proving to be one of the biggest challenge of the whole ordeal, but these will do.  I scrapped a photo I found of my cousin from years ago and thought it would work well with the challenge.  I also wanted to get it out of where it was being stored because the photo itself was getting slightly damaged.

I used a grey paper and distressed it and stamped on it to try and grunge it up.  I used ink to distress the other elements as well and make the the numbers for the year because for some reason gray is about the ONLY color I DON'T have.  I really like the way it looks!



6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and simple page and she is so pretty - what a lovely smile. Thank you so much for joining in with 123 Challenge Blog this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely page, and beautiful photo! Thanks for joining us at 123 Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page and I love your photo. Thanks for joining in with us at 123 Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks marvellous! fabulous photo too.. thanks for joining in with the 123 Challenge blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout. I know exactly what you mean about not having a lot of grey in your stash :) Despite this you have done a great job. Thanks for playing along with the 123 Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete