Monday, October 7, 2019

Cruise Album #3

I decided to take this page in a different direction than the others because of the colors and the mood I got from the photo itself.  I also think it'll be a good excuse for me to work some of these brighter elements into other pages as the album progresses as well.

I had some trouble getting the page to photograph "right" so it may be a bit difficult to see some of the large flowers because I just couldn't get the contrast right in the bright Arizona sun.



This photo was taken right after we got off the ship in Mexico to explore for the day.   It was the one and only stop the cruise had.  I was very thankful for it because I had just started getting seasick the night before.

I tried to match the lighter tones in the photo but still keep with the swashbuckling wood theme I had going with the background paper.  It was fun to do something a little different than what I'd been working with lately.

Today's song matches that more upbeat vibe that this photo and Mexico brought.  The band Reel Big Fish played the cruise which seemed to be their ultimate dream show seeing as out they're known to be a fun party ska band.

Song:



Identifiable Elements:
  • Background paper- Birch from the SN@P! Basics collection by Simple Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment