Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Cruise Album #1

I finally decided to get around to scrapbooking the cruise that my friend and I took almost 2 years ago.  We went on the Warped Rewind at Sea cruise which took place over Halloween of 2017.  About 20-30 bands who were all Warped Tour alumni stayed on our ship and played shows daily.  We got to see a lot of favorites and had so much fun.  We stopped off in Mexico as well, so needless to say I have plenty to scrapbook from the trip.  We left out of New Orleans and took a train all the way down from Chicago but I might not be able to fit everything from that part of the trip in as well so for now this album will focus on the cruise itself.

This was the first page I decided to do, since it was the first picture that the official photographers took of us as we boarded the ship.  We were still in our lazy travel clothes (we'd had a fun night out in New Orleans the night before and were rushing to check out of our hotel and make it on the boat early), but I did manage to rep my Yellowcard tank top I made in high school.  The first time I ever saw them live was at a Warped Tour so it felt appropriate.


I was able to raid more of my mom's stash for this album and I found some real gems.  I'm surprised she had the embroidery nautical anchors because we do very little involving boats or sailing but thankfully she did because they worked great with this page!


I'm going to be linking to songs by bands I've seen at various Warped Tours, preferably ones on the ship, but today I'm starting with Yellowcard who was not on the cruise but in my heart that first day. (Plus the song is about hanging up a photograph which seems doubly appropriate)

Song:


Identifiable Elements:
  • Music note paper- Stampin' Up!
  • Red paper- Poppy Parade by Stampin' Up!
  • Yellos paper- Daffodil Delight by Stampin' Up!
  • Letters- "Tinsel" Foil Letter Stickers by Thickers by American Crafts

2 comments:

  1. Embroidered anchors - now that's a find! Love the page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Raiding Mom's stash is often quite fruitful for me!

      Delete