Friday, May 1, 2020

Seeing Double

Recently I decided to make my own mini challenge for myself by taking 2 cards folded from the same paper and 2 identical sentiment pieces and try to make 2 different cards from them.  What resulted are the cards in this post.

While I think they have some major similarities I do think that I managed to create 2 cards with fairly different overall looks.  The color palettes are very very similar and yet the executions are distinct.


I really enjoyed the way they both turned out and as a bonus, I actually got to use them to send goodies to my friends in quarantine!  It was a win win challenge for myself all around.  I'm thinking about maybe doing this as a recurring challenge for myself because it helps use up my hoard and keeps my brain sharp.

There aren't any elements to identify because all of these pieces were scraps a bits whose origins were lost to time.  The buttons on the second card were actually ones I got at an estate sale so they really are mysteries to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment