Monday, January 12, 2015

Today I worked on an 8 1/2" x 11" page for a challenge from Pixels and Paper.  The challenge was to use the following image as inspiration.


I felt mostly inspired by the bright pink and the way the sand looks and lays so I incorporated torn paper into my design to mimic the sand.  The photo also reminds me of the picture.  It was taken a couple summers ago at my town's Ribfest when my college roommate came down to visit and go to the carnival.  We clearly had a blast!  I don't think that the full photo is a good representation of the page since I take my photos on my phone and you can't see the textured papers I used so I tried to take some close ups of some of my favorite elements on the page.  I am quite pleased with how it turned out and I was able to use a bunch of scrap die-cuts my mom gave me over break.




In keeping with the sand theme I also saw this video a couple of days ago that I thought people might enjoy watching.  The art is beautiful and cool to watch being made so enjoy it as a little tidbit!



6 comments:

  1. love your bright colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely bright and happy page - so nice to have you join in with us on P&P Kaycie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun photo! Great use of the diecuts, and I'm always a fan of bright colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice bright page thanks for joining us at P&P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics... you certainly looked as if you were having fun. A bright happy page. Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete