Friday, January 30, 2015

I am an English major and have a very extensive personal collection of books.  The other day I was looking at a bunch of them and started noticing how much I enjoyed the pretty covers of a lot of them.  I decided that when I am not sure what to do for a scrapbook page I should look at some of them to get inspiration and so with that in mind, that is what I have done for this page.

This is the book cover I used for inspiration.  It's a collection of works by Edgar Allan Poe.


I really liked the way that the background was multicolored and had an interesting water color feel but more importantly I like the style of the black drawing.  I don't have many dark photos but I tried to mimic the style loosely to create this watercolor flower for my page:


I really like the way the page turned out overall and I'd say it was a success for my first book cover experiment!





4 comments:

  1. Your page looks great - it is interesting to see how you choose a single element from the cover to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you here through your aunt's blog, and have to say that I love your idea of using your book covers as page inspiration! Also want to give a shout-out to a fellow Midwesterner, because I'm guessing EIU is Eastern Illinois University?? I grew up in Illinois, and graduated from WIU! (many, many years ago, now-- 1992, lol.) It's also cool to see someone of a 'younger generation' scrapping; I always wonder about the future of this hobby, with the prevalence of social media, etc. nowadays. Good luck with your blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of using book covers as inspiration -- very creative! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete