Saturday, August 31, 2019

Relaxation Nation

Today's page features a lovely postcard brought to us by Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Las Vegas.  When I went to Vegas last year with some of my friends three of us decided to check out his restaurant since it was hooked right on to our hotel.  They came by and snapped this photo.  We didn't end up buying the actual photo but we kept the postcard they gave us with the photo on it so I could scrapbook it.

I tried to play off of the cool beach that is featured on the card.  I debated adding more bright, crazy colors, but I liked the tone that was forming and I didn't want to overwhelm the tiny photo of us which was the most important part.


I had a lot of fun raiding my mom's embellishment stash for the flair on this page and I think she's probably glad that I was able to use more of the ones left over from my grandma's stash.

Identifiable Elements:

  • Dark blue paper- Island Indigo by Stampin' Up!
  • Green paper- Old Olive by Stampin' Up!
  • Light blue paper- Coastal Cabana by Stampin' Up!
  • Lettering- Thickers in the color "Shamrock" from the Amy Tangerine line with American Crafts

2 comments: