Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Hoarder's Hump Day

This birthday card is more proof that I really love my monochromatic color schemes.  I've been trying to break out of them lately, but not today.

I designed the whole card around the pretty metallic blue floral paper that I just love.  It's almost all gone but I can't bear to through a good thing away.  (I understand that's probably 100% my hoarding talking but I can't help it).


I wasn't planning on doing the entire background in the splatter but I messed a small part and the only way to hide it was to keep going.  If I ever made the card again, I'd definitely stick with my original plan to leave more negative space and just try to be more careful.

That being said, I think the card turned out swell overall and I know the person I sent it to will appreciate it.

Identifiable elements:

  • Ink- Bermuda Bay by Stampin' Up!
  • Flower punch- Stampin' Up!
  • Blue paper- Bermuda Bay by Stampin' Up!
  • Splatter stamp- "Swirly Bird" set by Stampin' Up!
  • Sentiment- "Create a Cupcake" set by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment