Saturday, July 13, 2019

Scrap Our Stash July Challenge!

Yesterday I decided that I wanted to get back into making some scrapbook pages, even though I'm still at my parent's house for a bit, and I only have a handful of photos to work with at the moment.  I decided to take on Scrap Our Stash's July sketch challenge.  At first I was hesitant because sketch challenges are harder than others for me and I was worried about not having the right photos for it.  Luckily for me, I found some that work, and I think that the page turned out great!



This was the sketch that we had to work off of:


I stuck close to the sketch until I realized the title I wanted was a bit bigger than theirs, but I think I made it work.  I really wanted to keep the photo positions, long background strip, and the fun accent in between the photos (which is something I would probably have never tried to do on my own).  I'm both glad  to say I kept all three.  For the "Arrow" I made sure to use arrow like pink paper and the thicker with the arrow banner.  I didn't have any true arrows in my personal stash to work with but even if it doesn't fit the challenge absolutely perfectly, I'm very proud of my effort.


This whole color scheme and everything isn't my usual style but I think I might start adopting it as such.  I really love how it turned out and can't wait to do some more like this!

Identifiable elements:

  • Chipboard embellishments- "Butterfly Kisses" Layered Chipboard by Bo Bunny
  • Coral lettering- Boardwalk glitter foam Thickers in Fireberry by American Crafts

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout for this month's sketch challenge. I Love the Bo Bunny paper collection … I have the paper pad and it's gorgeous. I always think of the using a sketch as an inspiration for starting a page. I love that you went off sketch and decided to create your large title. Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Our Stash - Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it turned out great! Love the flower embellishment at the bottom! Thanks for playing around with us at SOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty layout! You did an awesome job with the sketch.Thanks so much for sharing with us at Scrap Our Stash! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout - love all the circles! Thanks for playing along at SCRAP OUR STASH - Gail

    ReplyDelete