Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Scrap The Girls July Challenge

It's another great day to take on another great scrapbooking challenge!  Today's challenge was a color pallet inspiration one from Scrap The Girls.  I made the page for a photo I had pinned up on a bulletin board when I was in elementary school which is why the photo itself is pretty beat up.


The color inspiration really spoke to me since they're a combination of colors that I don't often lean towards.


I also tried to use a lot of my mom's old stash which is why I actually have no idea where any of the pieces came from, unfortunately.  There's a chance that some of it was even left over from my grandmother's stash when she gave up crafting.


I tried to keep the sketchy watercolor feel that the image accompanying the pallet had with the watercolor paper, die cuts, and the tiny sketched flowers on the large golden background paper.  Of course, because it's me, I made sure to get some bling and glitter on the page as well!

This was a very fun challenge and I can't wait to see what they come up with next!

7 comments:

  1. beautiful souvenir, the color scheme look gorgous on your layout
    Thanks for playing with us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely use of an old photo! You sure smashed the colors! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet layout! How very special! I love how you've used the colours!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on this months Scrap the Girls challenge. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect colours and a lovely layout.
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap the Girls x

    ReplyDelete