Friday, September 7, 2018

Fast Card Friday

I decided to bring back a concept that I had the first time around with this blog which is posting quick cards that can be made quickly. (I do feel it's necessary to state that these are tending to take me longer but that is only due to the lack of organization in my craft room.  It's hard to find the right button when you keep them all dumped in a shoe box...)

In case if anyone was wondering, yes, those are the same type of "Thanks" felt letters that I was using 2 years ago.  I never made it through the stash of them so I felt it was only appropriate (and a little sentimental) for me to use them in the first 5 Minute Friday of the revamp.  Honestly,  my goal is to be done with them by 2019.  The logical part of me says to get rid of them because there's only so many times I can use them before I lose what's left of my sanity, but the hoarder in me won't allow that.



I made this card as a thank you to a couple of my friends who took care of my cats while I was on vacation for a week attending Gen Con in Indianapolis.  It was a great time, but a long time so I put a little extra "something" in the card for their troubles.

I'll try to post what elements I've used when I can with these cards but this entire card was made with scraps I had around and I have no idea where they came from.  The only thing I know are the buttons, but those came from my grandmother's old sewing kit that I adopted.  

Sometimes the quickest way to crank out a card when you're in a rush is to just grab the random bits and slap them on the card stock.  

I didn't have time to adjust the lighting with this photo so I'm a little disappointed that the colors look a bit off but the general spirit is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment