Thursday, September 20, 2018

Let's Get Sketchy

I decided to take on another challenge today since I wasn't able to on Sunday (I was adventuring through a seemingly impossible corn maze).  The challenge I chose is from Let's Get Sketchy where they give you a sketch and you create your page around it.  I made the following page from their sketch which I decided to take a loose interpretation of because often when I see a sketch I find myself trying to copy it exactly instead of letting my creative juices flow.



This page was pretty fun to make though I had to resist the urge to add excessive bling like I usually do.  I liked getting to use multiple patterns and play around with their positioning

It was a fun page for a fun photo and I really enjoyed making it!  I especially enjoyed getting to use the unique buttons I found at a flea market (they seem more practical as scrapbook embellishments than actual buttons).

Identifiable Elements:
  • Torn papers- Modern Graphics Deluxe Paper by Cricut
  • Small letters- Summer Fresh collection by Simple Stories
  • Background paper- "Garden Bench" from the Miss Teagen Sue collection by Bazzill Basics Paper
  • Large letters- Summer Fresh collection by Simple Stories



8 comments:

  1. LOVE how you made it your own Kaycie! Thanks for joining us for the SEPT challenge @ LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color tones that you used here! Great job! Thanks so much for playing at Let's Get Sketchy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining in with us at Let's Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for playing along with us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. Arrangement is wonderful.Thank you so much for joining us at LGS☆

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch, thank you for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete