Saturday, September 8, 2018

Stepping Outside the Comfort Zone

This page was a bit of a challenge for me because I decided to try and not cut any straight lines out of paper for it which seems like it would be easy, but often times I find myself defaulting to using that technique for creating geometric interest in a page.  I also decided to force myself to use my least favorite paper out of the Melon Ball collection that I am very fond of.  That being said, I warmed up to it once I saw my finished product and I really like how the page turned out.

The colors on this page aren't perfect matches for each other but I actually think that enhances the aesthetic of it as a whole.

Sometimes pushing yourself outside of your norm can have incredible results.

Usually pages don't take me that long to create because I have a vision going into them but this one took me longer because I kept having to check myself to keep from falling into typical habits.

The photo of my grandma and I looks wonderful with the colors of this page.  I'm very pleased with how well it stands out.  I love it.

Identifiable elements:

  • Background paper- Melon Ball 12x12" collection by ColorbÓ§k
  • Lettering- Chaos & Confusion Collection Green Alphabet Cardstock Stickers by Three Bugs in a Rug
  • "Lace" stickers- Pretty Part Border Stickers by Crate Paper
  • Butterflies stamp- Papillon Potpourri by Stampin' Up!
  • Butterflies ink- Cherry Cobbler by Stampin' Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment